How to Setup Remote Access for NVR
1. Connect NVR to network with a CAT5 cable.
2. Download and install ConfigTool from DahuaSecurity.com, under Support->Download Center->Software
3. Run the ConfigTool.
4. The ConfigTool should display your IP Camera. Click the, "
" icon to open Internet Explorer and access your NVR.
5. Configure Internet Explorer security settings to allow the plugs to work. Link to Internet Explorer Setup
6. Login with the default credentials: User Name: admin Passsword: admin
7. Under, Main Menu -> Setup -> TCP/IP Change the IP Camera to, "Static" if the camera is currently set to, "DHCP"
8. Open another tab and enter the, "Gateway" address listed under your NVR's Network settings. Example: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 10.0.10.1
9. Login to your gateway and locate the, "Port Forwarding" section.
10. Create port forwarding rules for each port you wish to forward for the NVR. (Usually you will only need to forward the HTTP and the TCP port.) Default Ports: TCP: 37777 UDP: 37778 HTTP: 80 RTSP: 554 HTTPS: 443
11. The end result should look like the below image. We used a Cisco router for this example.
12. Hit, "Save" in the gateway interface, and open another tab.
13. Go to, "www.canyouseeme.org" and check that the ports you opened on the gateway.